Holmes, King, Kallquist & Associates, Architects
The Colgate Inn was originally built in 1925. Since ownership of the inn was transferred to Colgate University in 1973, the inn has undergone several rounds of renovations with special care being taken to maintain the original character of the building while making updates for modern convenience. During the most recent round of renovations, we expanded and redesigned the dining rooms, tavern, patio dining, banquet rooms, and kitchen spaces. Additions included a new service loading dock, service elevator, and mechanical space. Forty guest rooms were also updated, including the creation of six new suites complete with luxurious bathrooms with several featuring balconies accessed through French doors.